Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thanksgiving Recipe Book: A FUN seasonal writing activity

Happy November!
 
I follow the fabulous Erica Bohrer on facebook and I saw this pop up today and thought it was the most fantastic idea...I wanted to share it with you in case you hadn't seen it. 
 
Erica lives in New York and created this packet both to answer students' questions and inform. She is donating the proceeds from this pack to help the victims in her hometown of Lindenhurst.
 
 I grabbed it from her TPT store and it is a fantastic resource.  I am saving it for a weather unit this spring.  If you haven't checked it out...click on the picture below!
 
 
 
If you haven't already checked out her blog...it's a fantastic teacher resource...but right now she also has some inspiring pictures of her hometown after the storm.  It's worth looking at for a little bit of hope! 
 
Erica inspired me! I was getting ready to post a new Thanksgiving mini-pack to my TPT store tonight and I decided it would be a great opportunity to do the same. 
 
I wish I had something bigger, but this is all I had ready.  It is only $2 in my TPT store, but the proceeds will go towards the Hurricane Sandy relief fun via a donation to the Red Cross.
 
I know I sure am THANKFUL to be in my warm home with my favorite boys...and I am praying hard that my friends up north have some safety, warmth, and peace very soon, too.
 
If you are looking for a QUICK, FUN writing activity to do with your kids one of these days leading up to Thanksgiving...check out my Thanksgiving Recipe Book writing activity.
 
Students select a dish that they *think* they know how to make and write a recipe for it. 
 
Y'all don't even know how funny these turn out.
 
Here is a little example from our cookbook from last year:
 
Macaroni and Cheese
Ingredients:
-two boxes of noodles
-one slice of cheese
-1 cup of salt
-1 spoonful of sugar
-3 pieces of garlic
-8 sticks of butter
 
Directions:
Put the noodles in the water and turn it on real hot. Put the cheese on it and stir it up.  Pour in the salt and sugar and garlic.  Put the butter on.  Put it in the oven for 3 hours on 700 degrees.
 
YUM!
 
Too darn cute. 
 
This "cookbook"  also makes an awesome gift for parents and office staff at your school 
(and a fabulous conversation piece at your Thanksgiving table)!
 
Directions, templates, covers for the class cookbook (color and black & white) are included.
 
 
Happy teaching to you!
 
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Erica Bohrer said...

You are so sweet! I am sharing this on my fb page and blog!

Amy Johnston said...

Your generosity is inspiring. Hang in there!

Post a Comment